You’ve probably seen a lot of announcements and updates relating to the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. We wanted to assure you that we’re well prepared for any situations which may occur relating to your broadband service with us. We will be doing all we can to support our customers over the coming month. We recognise that home working and social interaction – relying on broadband services – will be essential during any isolation periods.
This week we begin our home-working program and we’ve made major effort to ensure all staff, including customer services personnel, are now enabled to work from home. Our office will be limited to 30% attendance at any one time. Our aim is to reduce the impact of the virus on our business and our people through social distancing.
We would, however, kindly ask you to keep in mind that we may have busy periods and high call volumes, so unless it’s absolutely essential that you need to speak to an advisor, please email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org – we will respond to your enquiry as quickly as we can.
What Will Change?
- When you call customer services, you will be told when you will be speaking to a team member who is working from home, before the call is transferred.
- For installations or home visits, our in-field engineers will not shake your hand on arrival, and they will try to keep their distance throughout their visit.
- For non-essential enquiries relating to your service, please email email@example.com
What Will Stay the Same?
- We will continue to monitor our network 24/7
- We will continue to have appropriate resources in place to support our customers and network
- The business will be open as usual, with normal working hours in place
- You’ll still be able to call us regarding any problems or questions relating to your connection and speak to our customers advisors
Monitoring our network – We will continue to monitor and support our networks as normal. We have the appropriate resource in place to support our network.
Customer support – All of our customer support calls will be answered as normal. If you leave a message with us, we will call you back as soon as we’re able. Please note that if we receive a high volume of calls, we’ll need to prioritise these calls in terms of urgency before we respond. To help us manage customer calls, we’re also using an enhanced remote monitoring service for ‘out of hours services’, to ensure we can respond to all calls from customers. The business will be open as usual, with normal working hours in place.
Getting connected and home visits from County Broadband personnel – If you’re a customer waiting to be connected to County Broadband services and you’ve arranged an appointment for one of our engineers to connect you or conduct service works at your property – we’re still conducting home visits and connections but in the interest of customer and engineer safety regarding COVID-19, we are taking some extra precautions to protect our customers and our engineers during home visits.
We’ve prepared a helpful guide to help mitigate the risks of COVID-19 and we’ll share this with you in advance of our visit to your property.
Going forward – We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding. The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve at pace but we would like to assure you that we have appropriate measures in place to ensure we are well resourced to support our customers and our network.
If you are spending more time at home, either self-isolating or social distancing, we hope you’re enjoying your County Broadband connection and we hope you and your family stay safe over the forthcoming months.
County Broadband Customer Services